Wednesday, November 14, 2007

so this might be a little silly and self horn-arty-farty-tooting but it's my blog and i'll brag if i want too! Yesterday i took some of my girl paintings to Cactus Gallery for the Miniatures show that's going on there in Dec. and as i was laying all my things out on the counter the owner grabbed one right away and said she HAD to have it!!! I think i played it pretty cool that is until i got to the car and did the happiest happy dance one can do in such a confined space! I mean the OWNER of the GALLERY!! a REAL art gallery!! That's a pretty big deal for this little mama who's only taken drawing 101 at the community college =) so that's it! my first gallery show and first gallery sale all in the same day! oh here's a picture of the little painting she got. Her name is Panpukin Kokeshi--the painting, not the owners hehe!! Panpukin is japanese for pumpkin =)

4 comments:

Jess said...

Kari- You are one bad ass mama, congrats on selling a piece before you even have the show!!!

kari~* said...

awww...thanks ladybug!! ooo i owe you a big fat email!!

Anonymous said...

you rock! I can't wait to see the whole show up. :)

One Little Print Shop said...

i really like your blog, ladie!
~courtney from peace boutique